Saturday, June 11, 2005

June, June, June

I dont think I have had this many change of plans before. I was supposed to attend the wedding of my friend Isabelle in Nice, this June. I really wanted to go, but I guess attending a wedding on my own, knowing only the bride and groom and receiving some bad news from home I decided against going. But not after changing my mind about 4 more times. I phoned Isabelle, to tell her, I wish it was easier, but it is no fun saying you wont be able to make it to a friends wedding.... But I also feel my presence is really required in the Netherlands.

Next weekend is the Christening of my English friend Sara her 1 year old baby girl Lana. Sara and I met in Israel, on a kibbuts in the Galilee in 1996 and been visiting eachother and meeting up in England, Holland and Belgium since.

After my holidays in May I immediately had to get back to work and really feeling like I needed a rest from my holiday the first weekend I spend it in bed, catching ip on sleep as much as I could. Which was what I needed! As you can see in my previous entry it was a very busy trip, but maybe more worthwhile than ever before.

I havent seen some of my friends here in England for a while now, and am meeting up with Milky and perhaps a few others today. The landlady left to go to Cornwall for a week, so I am in charge of the cats (4)and the house together with her son Simon.

I seem to have gone bananas on music lately, maybe to cover up for Ms McLachlans voluntary absence for the next few years, I bought albums of the Gorillaz, KT Tunstall, Coldplay, Damien Rice, The Perishers, Melissa McClelland and Jack Johnson x 2!

I am curious about Michael Jacksons trial, I personally think there is not enough eveidence against him, from what I have read, but he certainly seems a very messed up person.

The Dutch NO vote in the EU legislation came as a surprise for me, but I do agree. I think our little country gives more than anyone in percentage and seems over ruled by Germany, France, Great Britain and other countries. Maybe our governement is too friendly?

I am trying to make a to do list, but all it features really is countries I want to go to and friends I would like to visit. I am trying to think of other things I need to do....

Off to Mr and Mrs Smith now. :)

No comments: