Sunday, April 29, 2007

South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Auckland Warriors

Being Dutch I am not all that familiar with rugby, although having shared houses with Australians, Irish, worked with English & South Africans, I have gained some familiarity with this rough sport. I can even admit I like it. Not sure why, maybe because I think the sport could be an example of how to progress walking even when you have people holding both your legs and try to neck wrestle you to the pitch. Compared to our fragile soccerplayers who fall over in the penalty area when you look at them... this is.... more uhm...manly I think! My Dutch flatmate was interested too and suggested a Sunday match between South Sydney Rabbitohs & NZ Auckland Warriors at the Telstra Stadium.
Telstra Stadium
A great opportunity to be inside one of the Olympic Stadiums and it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day too. Three more friends joined and in the end the Dutch were strongly represented, and UK Dave seemed to be the most verbal Sydney supporter out there. Russel Crowe was also shown on mega screen supporting his Rabbitohs team to a win,.... well untill the last 3 minutes. Us Sydneysiders lost 16-18 in the final minutes with 2 tries against us.


Whose ball is it anyway?

After the game we had a walk around the Olympic Park, and then hopped on the train back to the city.


No comments: