Sunday, July 17, 2005

BXL 15-17 July 05

I am in Brussels, Belgium! A very last minute decision to visit Christel, a girl I used to work with in Philips, Dublin Ireland. Last time I saw her she was 6 months pregnant and the little lady she carried is now 18 months old! her name is Lea and she is quite something. Bouncy, smily,dancy & waving at strangers, she makes many people smile in the heart of BXL.
Lea's movie looks Posted by Picasa

I didnt realize how easy it is to visit with the Eurostar train from London so I took Friday off and arrived here in the afternoon, it is only about 2,5 hours. I seem to have passed my push-Lea-in-the-buggy-license without too much trouble. This month the Belgians are celebrating their 175 year old independence from their evil Northern neighbours, the Dutch! The city looks great; the weather is very nice, perhaps a bit too warm and humid.


Grand Place Posted by Picasa

The terraces are filled with people, and it has a laid back atmosphere. I am trying to remember where things are, as I did live near Brussels for 3 months back in 2001. I think I have a bad memory.....

Christel seems to be a great mum, and enjoying her little girl, and full of plans for the future as a mum, and as a free lance consultant. I am enjoying the different vibe, the strolling, the culture and language and hopefully tonight some Belgian beer!!


BXL 170705 Posted by Picasa

Peace

x

No comments: