Thursday, September 29, 2005

Last weekend in September

I was home in the Netherlands for a few days. Mainly to attend a family reunion on my mums side of the family, but I always find plenty of other things to see and do.Especially now with both mum and dad being heart patients and at home.


I visited the new house of Anita, it is quite similar to the house where my parents live. Went out to Utrecht with Deborah who suffered me being tipsy while we enjoyed a meal at an Italian restaurant along the canal and went to a pub later on. All of sudden it was 1.45AM? And went to see my gandmother who is back in hospital. She had fallen 3x in one week and she looked quite distracted.

The family day was a beautiful September Sunday, near the 65th Anniversary of my grandparents wedding had they still been alive. See some photos below;



My Mother at the family reunion joining in traditional games! Posted by Picasa
Mum was one of the first to jump on and try this game.

My mums sister organized the day where there were some activities and plenty of time for all family members to catch up. Although not everyone could be present it was great seeing so many again.


My mum and her brothers and sisters.  Posted by Picasa
And yes the rainbow!!


My parents! Posted by Picasa


My poor nephew who had broken his ankle....  Posted by Picasa

We drove North to see my nephew who 2 days earlier had broken his ankle in a very bad way. He was just released from hospital after having had surgery the day before. He was so brave and I hope his parents are managing having him in the house incapable of doing anything... He says it itches quite a bit even though he doesnt have the cast. He was the latest in the family to have an accident this summer, lets hope fall and winter dont do too much damage!

No comments: