Monday, February 06, 2006

Ways to get happy...

I was reading a very interesting article in ZEST's March issue. It helps to identify what it takes for us to be happier.

1 Focuss your aims (working on it, as soon as I know about that job I am waiting on)
2 Share the lows (I do, my friends listen and cheer me up when they can)
3 Touch base with your roots ( I see my family regularly, I love supporting Dutch sports!)
4 Reward yourself for your accomplishments (I know... icecream & cookies arent ideal for this)
5 Become passionate about something ( Even more passionate!!?? My friends ALL know what I am talking about, no dirty thoughts, dont worry)
6 Have a network of friends
7 Don't avoid a row ( I dont like disagreements to carry on, but I dont want to necessarily row either?)
8 Dont watch too much TV ( currently only addicted to CSI, all of them though)
9 Eat enough fruit ( yes I am getting some fruits later today, bananas & apples!)
10 Listen to music (when don't I?)
11 Learn to back down ( depends )
12 Have interests in common with friends (YES!)
13 Read books (I dont always like buying new ones, but I love reading)
14 Busy is best (Yes, I dont like to be bored)
15 Dont worry about money too much (When you have it that is easy, when you don't it s*cks and it is definitely a worry)
16 Organize yourself, set up rota's (I need some organisation yes)
17 Give to get back ( I dont really get this one)
18 Be flexible (depends on situation... but I think I should become more flexible in a few aspects)
19 A pet (even when my dogs are accross the North Sea... I still love & miss them.
20 Sleep enough (oh yes, it is nice being only a bike ride away from work, I dont have to get up too early)

No comments: