Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gotan -Tango @ the Opera House!!

It was a windy, rainy day today, but a very South American, temperamentful, melodical ending to it as Amanda and I enjoyed a concert at the Opera House. The Gotan project has only recently been introduced to me but they were really amazing. After the first 10sec I thought I want to see them again... still had another 90 min to go at that stage.




Me in front of a poster of the Argentinian Tango experimenters!




10 piece band, 3 violin players, 1 bassist, 1 singer, 2 DJs, 1 pianist, 1 bandeonplayer, 1 pianist. Great use of the screen behind them, sound was very good too.



Its like the stage is on fire!!!!!
What an amazing venue the Opera House is, the bathrooms even had a strange curve to their doors and sinks! I thought the sound was very good as well and we scored some pretty decent seats. Whats next???? Dave Matthews Band in April, not at the Opera House, but at Hordern pavillion

No comments: