Saturday, March 17, 2007

Like a fish in the ....

Today there was an Open Day at the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Center in Ultimo, near where I live. It was supposed to have opened a few months ago, but they are a little behind schedule... Lost of locals showed up, and even though we had to wait in the rain ( not everyone brought an umbrella) people stayed and enjoyed the 15min tour we got. It looks like a great venue, for social and competitive swimming, and a great view of the city skyline from the terrace.


The wave over the 50M lanes.

The view, including the monorail and rainclouds ;-)





Also went to Paddy's market, which is where I get the fruit/veggies and meat every weekend. Its usually mad busy, many people bringing their carry trolleys, boxes, and pushing you away. Its luckily very close and usually everything is in stock. I always stroll passed the fish stalls. I certainly dont want to buy any, but find it intriuging to watch. Especially because they seem to have some types of fish that are un-common in Europe. Which reminds me to fill up the rest of my underwater camera so I can get the film developped from when I went snorkelling!

No comments: